- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of pure-bred Welsh Terriers and to do all possible to bring their natural working qualities to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the Standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Welsh Terriers shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials.
- To conduct sanctioned matches and specialty shows (and obedience trials) under the rules of The American Kennel Club.
- To encourage the organization of independent local Welsh Terrier Specialty Clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of The American Kennel Club.