Thank you for your interest in joining the Welsh Terrier Club of America!
Types of Membership
- Full membership is open to all persons eighteen years of age and older who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club and who subscribe to the purposes of this Club.
- Junior membership is open to boys and girls ages ten (10) through seventeen (17). Junior members shall be eligible for all Club privileges including the Annual Awards but are not allowed to vote or to hold office.
- Lifetime membership is a meritorious award bestowed by the Board of Directors only on a Full Member who has been proven dedicated to the breeding of high-quality Welsh Terriers, advancing the purposes of the Welsh Terrier Club of America, and doing so with sportsmanship and integrity, but only after 25 or more years of continuous membership. Lifetime Members will not pay dues, but will have equal voting and award privileges and all other rights consistent with full membership. Lifetime Membership is considered periodically and not on a regular or an annual basis. A member may be nominated only after meeting all qualifications.
Membership in our club requires sponsorship. Two sponsors, from different households, who have been members in good standing of the WTCA for at least two years and have known you for at least one year are required to apply to membership in the club.
- Download the Application
- Download the Code of Ethics
- Complete and sign
- Send electronically (e-mail) or by mail
Electronic signatures are acceptable – just type your name in the Signature field and it will appear in script.
E-mail your Application and signed Code of Ethics forms to me at with ‘WTCA New Member Application’ in the subject line. Copy your sponsors on the email so that they can send their letters of support. Fees and dues for email applications may be paid either through the credit card link on by clicking on our SHOP link.
You may also send your application by US mail. Send signed Application and Code of Ethics forms, along with a letter of recommendation from each of your sponsors, first year membership dues plus a $10.00 (US) non- refundable application fee to me at the address indicated on the application.
Provided everything is in order, your name will be sent electronically in an e-mail or published in the next issue of the Club’s quarterly newsletter for member review and comment. Then your application will be voted on at the Board of Directors’ meeting 30 days following the publication. The meetings take place throughout the year and in conjunction with the Club’s Spring Floating Specialty or the National Specialty.
WTCA Membership Committee
Scarlet L. Cardwell
Download the Membership Application
Download the Code of Ethics
Reinstate Lapsed Membership
To apply to have a lapsed membership reinstated, please download, fill out and mail the following form. You have the option of mailing a check or money order with your application, or paying the your dues and lapse fee in our SHOP.
If paying by PayPal please include a printed copy of your receipt with your application form.
Download, view, save, and/or print full PDF by clicking here.